Creating solutions to renew resources at a rate equal to or greater than the rate at which they are consumed:
- Sustainable Consumption means consuming less or within the resource limits of the planet without damaging the biosphere and its inhabitants.
- Sustainable Business means creating an economic infrastructure that provides quality of life for everyone while renewing the environment and its resources.
- Sustainable Communities resemble a locally run living system that is tailored to their own specific region while maintaining the Three Ethical Criteria. These communities are connected by scientifically verifiable city infrastructure: communities sharing all information in an open source format for easy access by everyone. In this way communities keep their culture while having sustainable city infrastructures/technologies.
- Social Sustainability is creating a space where everyone has the opportunity to have fulfilling lives and enjoy a rich level of well-being within realistic resource limits.
- Sustainable Living means taking the long-term view of how our actions affect future generations. Preventing depletion of resources and pollution as well as utilizing biotechnologies to keep us healthy are essential. Developing emotional intelligence helps keep stress and cortisol levels down creating a higher quality of life.
- Sustainable Agriculture creates solutions to hunger without destroying ecosystems. Regenerative technologies are essential for habitation efforts.
- Sustainability Monitoring creates accountability through data sets as well as creates a baseline for Energy Based Economy testing.
Necessary Engineering of Sustainable Technologies takes all of existence into a regenerative and transformative state without erasing ethical and important cultural differences and preferences.
NEST aims to create a transition model that meets the Paris Agreement specifications as well as creates a specific testable model for other bioregions similar to the Cascadia region.
Every holon that is connected creates the EOS as a whole. Each holon is named after the bioregion in which experimentation and data is collected.